Minimally Invasive Procedures
Injectable dermal fillers can plump thin lips, enhance shallow contours, soften facial creases, remove wrinkles and improve the appearance of recessed scars.
Table of Contents
What should I expect during a consultation for dermal fillers?
During your dermal fillers consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Any past treatment with soft tissue fillers, botulinum toxin therapy, laser or other non-surgical facial procedures, as well as any prior facial surgery
Your surgeon may also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Discuss your available options
- Examine and measure your face
- Take photographs
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of using soft tissue fillers and any risks or potential complications
Your plastic surgeon will carefully explain:
- Your course of treatment
- The type of filler recommended in your case and why
- Expected results
- The longevity of the result
Be sure to ask questions. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask during your dermal fillers consultation.
It’s important you understand all aspects of dermal fillers. It’s natural to feel some anxiety, whether it’s excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of pre-treatment stress. Don’t be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.